Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Coopers Rock Overlook

My campground borders the WVU Research Forest and Coopers Rock Overlook.  After work, the dogs and I walk 1/2 mile down to an overgrown WVU archery range.  The dogs do a little bit of mousing:

After mousing, we head back to the campground and pick up the pick-up.  Coopers Rock overlook is about 4 miles across the interstate.  On this trip, a really nice couple took some pics.  This is an art installation in the park - no, not me and the hounds, then giant behind us:  


The overlook is an easy 300 foot walk from the parking lot and you can see for miles and miles.  View to the right:

 View to the left:


Stunning, a little crooked - the overlook is very sloped.   And totally recommended if you are ever at Exit 14 off I-68.

I love West Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment