Monday, July 30, 2012

a move

I've been a bad little blogger.  No pictures, no posts for a while.  I've got a fix for that!  A move to a new campground has me (and the hounds) all fired up.  I'm currently parked at Harper's Ferry KOA.  This is a really cool campground.  It abuts the Harper's Ferry National Historical Park.  


My campsite backs up to a Civil War Trench.  It's pretty cool to camp on a site where battles were fought - I think my trailer is on the Union side, but... I'm directionally challenged, so I could be on the Confederate side.  I'm a pacifist, but I can honor our history.




Amazingly, Thomas has made friends with a Iraqi War Vet:



Bam is a campground ambassador who helped me select and back into a quiet campsite for the next 11 days.  He spent some hell-ish days in a bad place, but has a fantastic attitude.   He gave me a great tip for a seafood dinner.  Crab legs, shrimp, sausage, corn, potatoes, hush puppies, can you say "stuffed"?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting! I'm a horrible blogger too these days, but it's always so good to keep tabs on everyone.

    ReplyDelete