Monday, April 30, 2012

Awesome day on the South Fork of the American

Had a great day on the river!   The Shredder is back to her promiscuous ways, but is being somewhat restrained.   I only had two partners for the day.  The first half of the trip was the Princess cruise with Boo.  We floated from Coloma to Greenwood.  At one of the rapids, we saw a campground right on the river - I soooo want to camp here some time:



Boo took out at Greenwood.  Her hubby and my new RiverHusband, Millard jumped in and we ran the The Gorge section of the SF of the American.  It reminds me of the Miracle Mile on Slippery Rock on steroids.  Solid Class III+ pool/drop.  Very narrow, very scenic.  I understand why it's a popular run.  For whatever reason, Millard and I were the ONLY folks on the river. It was an absolutely gorgeous day.  The water is still snow melt and FREAKING cold.  After the last drop, there is a long paddle out through the Folsom Reservoir... unless... you've got a RiverHusband who swears his LandWife is good for the tow fee:



Thanks to Boo and Millard for a fabulous day on the river!

No comments:

Post a Comment