Sunday, March 4, 2012

Kayaks and Farmers Market

This weekend was my first California kayak experience.  Did the Feather and thankfully, never have to do it again.  Flat is truly a four-letter word.  On the positive side, I met new boating buddies who happen to be from Lexington, KY and full-time RVers!  No pics from this little expedition.  For some reason....waterproof cameras meet an early death in my world.  

On Sunday, I was supposed to meet the new boating buddies to run some white water, but I was too crippled from the flat water.  Instead, I managed to do a little shopping and cleaning.  One of the awesome things about NorCal is farming.  Lots of orchards (every conceivable nut and fruit) and produce.  I headed down to the year-round farmers market and absolutely overdosed on farm-fresh goods.  Today's bounty:

another awkward view - new lens and I haven't learned to work with the distortion.

definitely not a food stylist, but the rewards from the farmers market include a strawberry margarita and a portabella pizza - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment