Sunday, February 26, 2012

A quiet weekend

I thought this weekend would be quiet and stay at home.  Not so much.  

Saturday morning was an almost legal off-leash walk with 15-20 dogs and their people on the American River in East Sacramento.  I didn't get any pictures.  I figured I needed both hands to keep Meg and Thomas in line.  I met some really cool people and Thomas finally found some dogs that would chase him.  I was happy to have some pooped pups.  

Saturday evening - I met some more of my neighbors in the campground.  Brit woman and NC boy met in Hawaii and moved to Sacramento.  They are living in a truck camper!  I am in awe - they have been living in about 30 square feet for the last year.

Sunday morning - I REALLY intended to sleep in, but the dogs decided that we needed to be up at 6am.  Sooooo...  I decided to drive the Pacific Coast Highway.  Loaded up the dogs and headed through San Francisco (yikes!) to Pacifica, then down the coast to Santa Cruz.  The views were spectacular, but few pictures.  Self preservation instincts demanded that I keep eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.  

The dogs didn't read the sign that says "stay away - the cliffs are unstable"


We did find a deserted beach and the dogs got in a little off-leash time







No comments:

Post a Comment