Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Wings?

Rainy season has started here in Cali.  Apparently, rainy season means torrential downpours and wicked wind.  My trailer has been ROCKIN' and it sounds like a drummer for a heavy metal band is warming up.  

Dog walks are still a requirement, so I suited up and we headed out.  Imagine my surprise when I see a Red Tail Hawk "caught" in a chain near one of the campground cabins.  Further investigation showed several birds on stands and a human guardian.  The dogs and I quickly retreated to continue our walk in a different area of the campground.  

The next night, I grabbed the camera and went to visit.  Turns out three guys were in the area to hunt jack rabbits with raptors.  The raptors:



and one cutie-patootie ACD, named Sookie:


No comments:

Post a Comment